Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST UT-1M-IP is a special version of ultrasonic thickness gauge, it is designed to measure the thickness of various materials and products for one-way access in difficult climatic conditions – in dusty rooms, in high humidity, in the rain – when the use of a conventional ultrasonic thickness gauge is impossible.
It is used to control the thickness of materials such as glass, metals and alloys, polymers, plastic and many others. Objects can be pipes, rolled products, structures, products and parts for various purposes and shapes.
The main advantages of the Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST UT-1M-IP:
INCREASED DUST AND MOISTURE RESISTANCE
Unique protection against dust and moisture – by default, the device is delivered with a degree of dust and moisture protection IP65 according to DIN 40050. When ordering, versions of a thickness gauge with moisture protection up to IP67 are available (immersion in water is allowed).
UNPRECEDENTED AUTONOMY OF THE DEVICE
Due to the features of circuitry and operating modes – the continuous operation time of the device in practice reaches 200 hours. What makes the device ideal for field conditions in the absence of power supply.
WIDE RANGE OF MEASURING
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST UT-1M-IP can be equipped with various types of transducers, however, the device has the ability to advanced settings of transducers (gain, path, V-correction, etc.), which allows the user to get the maximum operation range with one transducer, in practice, the operating range of the 5 MHz probe reaches from 0.5 to 500 mm.
LIBRARY OF MATERIALS AND PROBES
The device has a library of velocities of basic materials, as well as an archive of transducers, which allows the operator to take measurements at various objects without additional reference information and complicated setup. Also, the user can independently replenish the settings archive.
TRANSFERRING DATA TO PC
Device has special water-dustproff connecter and special cable in set.
Using a special software for PC, it is possible to transfer the saved measurement results to PC for further processing.
- Unique protection from dust and moisture, previously not available in the market of ultrasonic thickness gauges of general purpose. By default the device comes with a degree of dust-moisture protection IP65. This protection degree can be increased up to IP67 (submerged in water) at order.
- Unprecedented autonomy of the device – increased up to 200 hours continuous operation time of the thickness gauge.
- Special rubber lining on the side surfaces of the casing facilitates the convenient retention of the thickness gauge in the user’s hand.
- Device has light weight and dimensions, in comparison with similar protected thickness gauges;
- Saved data can be transmit to PC;
- Material selection and automatic setting of ultrasound velocity;
- Large graphic display of high contrast and backlight;
- Display of measured thickness in mm and inches;
- Convenient menu in the device;
- Wide choice of UT probes with preset settings in the device;
- Modes of statistical processing of measurements;
- Ability to restore factory calibrations;
- Ability to adjust all parameters of the acoustic path;
- Ability of further adjusting the user gain directly from the measurement mode;
- Wide range of testing;
- Mode of audible and visual alarm when leaving the established ranges.
|Measuring thicknesses range , mm:
|0.8 … 500 or more
|Probe dimensions, mm:
|Diameter of probe contact area, mm:
|Size of plate:
|Setting range of the ultrasonic velocity, m / s||1000-17000|
|Discrete readings on the digital indicator, mm||0.1|
|Response time, with no more than||1|
|Basic measurement accuracy, mm||± (0,01 T+/- 0.05)|
|Echo-Echo mode (through coating measuring), max thickness of coating, mm||1|
|Storage of measurement results||256|
|Overall dimensions, mm||120x60x25|
|Operating temperature range, ° C||-5 to +40|
|Power supply||3 AA batteries|
|Time of continuous work hours, not less, h||up to 200|
|Weight of electronic unit with battery, no more, kg||0.2|