Combined Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-UD3 combines two methods of measuring hardness by an indirect method: Ultrasonic Contact Impedance (ASTM A1038) and Leeb (ASTM A956). This makes the device the most versatile portable device in the world.
The ability to connect both probes combines the advantages of both methods and providing users the opportunity to use the one that is most suitable for solving a specific task. The Combined Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-UD3 allows user to measure the hardness of any metals, parts of any shape and thickness, measure the hardness of the surface hardened layers and evaluate the tensile strength.
The main advantages of the Combined Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-UD3:
ABILITY OF CONNECTING BOTH METHODS PROBES WITHOUT TURNING OFF THE DEVICE
The user can measure the hardness of completely different metal products of different shapes, structures, materials and the degree of surface preparation with same unit, just replacing probe.
SMALL PARTS MEASURING
Using the UCI, the operator can measure small products, we recommend parts weighing from 100 gr and a thickness from 1 mm, and when using the UCI Probe Test Stand NOVOTEST, even thinner.
COMPLEX SHAPE PRODUCTS MEASURING
Also, with the help of the ultrasonic probe, the user will be able to solve the tasks of measuring the hardness of grooves, surfaces of small radius, inaccessible places and products of complex shape.
SMALL IMPRINT OF UCI TYPE PROBE
Due to the fact that the UCI probe has a penetration depth of only a few microns, it becomes possible to work with products with high print requirements (the maximum non-destructive method is required), as well as measure the hardness of hardened layers, such as nitriding and cementation.
MEASURING PARTS WITH BAD SURFACE
Using a dynamic probe (Leeb probe), the user can test the hardness of massive products with poorly prepared surfaces. The method also allows to measure products with a coarse-grained structure without a significant dispersion of measurements.
CALIBRATED FOR DIFFERENT MATERIALS AND SCALES
Thanks to the presence of built-in calibrations of the Leeb probe for various materials and scales, the device becomes a universal tool for measuring hardness for most common metals.
The device has a built-in camera, which allows the user to store a measurement archive of images of the tested objects with binding of hardness to a specific place on the product.
Combined Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-UD3 can be used with special soft for operate with saved archive of measurements. Or each saved recording cab be printed throug wireless printer that can be additionaly completed with the device.
- Small indenter imprint (suits for mirror surfaces of shafts necks, blades, gear teeth, etc.)
- Measuring surface hardened layers hardness
- Wide range of hardness testing
- Various measurement modes
- 88 combinations of materials and hardness scales (calibrations)
- Calibration of any scale in any range
- Convenience and ease of measurement
- Optimized number of buttons
- Large full-color graphic display with bright backlight
- Built-in photo camera for thorough reports
- Automatic probe types recognition
- Connected probe types indication
- The calibrations are stored in UCI probe memory
- Extended operating temperature range (frost, down to – 40°C)
- Internal memory and communication with a PC
- New intuitive menu with tips on the buttons
- Optional wireless mini printer
- Waterproofed housing
- Rubber bumper protected housing
- Internal clock
- Hardness value measuring for any mass products with more than 1 mm thickness (small parts, thin-walled structures, pipes, tanks, steel sheets, articles of complex shape, hardness testing of metal coatings, etc.)
- Different operating modes:
- Graph – the graph building mode
- Histogram – the histogram building mode
- Statistics – provides statistics for the current set of measurements
- Smart – filters the incorrect measurements
- Signal – displays the probe signal (only for the Leeb probe)
|UCI probe types||
|Leeb probe types||
|Indenter||UCI probe – Diamond indenter
Leeb probe – Hardened ball
|Measuring direction||Any direction 360°|
|Data storage||Limited only by the memory card up to 32Gb|
|Communication||Upload data to PC and export as a spreadsheet (USB cable and software included )|
|Indication||Color LCD display (320×240)|
|Power supply||DC 4,5V (3 pcs batteries AA)|
|Net weight||Approx. 0.3kg (without probe)|
|Gross weight (package)||2kg|
|Battery life||Approx. 10 hours.|
|Warranty||3 (1+2) years|